Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Swabish (sp) or platt Deutsch (low German).

Jan DeGrandchamp to me

show details 3:45 PM (10 hours ago) Reply





Nancy,

you sure have done a lot...



Yes, it looks like we have the same great great grandfather -- Frederik Fermazin, who was Stephan Karl Fermazin's father -- if I understand correctly.



I have to see it in a lineage table and will try to set it up so I understand it better. This is a lot to digest, but it sure is interesting. I had also head that the name was Fermagen or Vermagen, but that was just an oral bit of information and probably mispronounced. I was also told they spoke Swabish (sp) or platt Deutsch (low German). The borders changed a lot and people had to change their names so they wouldn't get shot.



Thanks for all the info--I know you did a lot of work to find all of this.





...jan....

No comments:

Post a Comment