Search This Blog

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Saturday Night Fun --- Did you Advance today?

Add to Google

How did I advance my Genalogy research this past week?   

1.  I am not sure if I advanced much this week. I did write a few letters to Schoharie, New York looking for information on a Samuel Ames who was born in 1790. I received an email from a lady who says her GGGrandmother and my GGGrandfather were brother and sister. Her ancestor is a Native American from the Delaware tribe and Lenape. She sent me a picture of her ancestor who definitely is Native American. She says Samuel Ames is our common ancestor and the father of Adolphus, Joseph, and Roxania Ames.  She has traced them back to 1600's but no concrete proof linking them to each other. We only have land records where their acres connect and they bought and sold land from each other in Liberty Township,  McKean, Pennsylvania.
I have checked many microfilms from Schoharie, NY and the Schoharie web site.  Nothing...

She sent me the War of 1812 digitalized pension records for Samuel Ames which I had also read on line on Ancestry.com. Now I am wondering if the original record file would have more information than what Ancestry has on line. If anyone knows, please let me know. Samuel Ames enlisted in 1813 so he would have had one son, Adolphus, by this time.

I put up a query on line and sent  some money for a search at the Old Stone Fort Library in Schoharie New York to see if they have any information on Samuel Ames or the Lenape Indians in that area.
Any suggestions?

 2. I went to the regional FHC in Orange, California on Thursday. I am ordering some film indexes on Niedenburg, Posen, Prussia to look at the indexes for Charles Fermazin. I previously looked at the film and wrote down there was an entry for a Charles Fermazin born in 1861. My Charles was born in 1859. I never followed up on the research because I didn't keep my appointment with a German researcher at the library to assist me with interpreting the record and which film to order next to read the entry. Now that my Writing class is over until Fall, I will get busy on this. If only....


How did I advance my genealogy education today?

I read a few blogs yesterday and today. I looked at the Ancestry beta Wiki where The Source and The Redbook are on line. I like it!  Here is the link:
 http://www.ancestry.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page     This is awesome! Thank you Dick Eastman for posting!!


No comments:

Post a Comment