Search This Blog

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Write A Genealogy Clerihew

Randy Seaver of Genea~Musings says our mission tonight is: Should you decide to accept it, is to:

1) Write a Genealogy Clerihew (and what is a "clerihew" you ask? See Jim Smith's post today for more details and his clerihew (briefly, a clerihew is a four-line irregular poem or verse that follows an AABBrhyme scheme. It is named for the birthday of Edmund Clerihew Bentley the inventor, aka writer, aka poet."). If you're feeling especially creative, write two or more!  from the Randy Seaver Web page at www.geneamusings.com


Here are my Clerihews:




For my Fermazin family, I looked and looked
And on genealogy I was hooked
At last I found them in the census
But not in Texas


~ ~ ~
Friedrich Formazin, widower of Renarzewo,
Age 31, an einwohner went off to Arnoldowo
Where he met and married Justine Brauer
Daughter of a mailman who saved the hour


I am not sure if this is a Clerihew but my readers will tell me. Atleast I  hope they will.













No comments:

Post a Comment